New Comprehensive Application Delivery Suite Features Major Release of CA LISA 7.0 and Nolio Acquisition
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA April 23, 2013 -- CA WORLD -- CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today announced it is rapidly expanding its market-leading CA LISA® solutions to address the most critical challenges in operationalizing DevOps methodologies, helping customers improve application development and delivery to accelerate innovation. As part of this initiative, the Company announced it acquired Nolio, bringing continuous delivery capabilities to CA Technologies service virtualization business. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“Winning in today’s world of rapid agile development and complex hybrid infrastructures requires IT organizations to have automated application delivery processes and tools to deliver innovation to customers with perfection, and faster than the competition,” said Shridhar Mittal, general manager, Application Delivery, CA Technologies. “Building on our expertise in Service Virtualization—through both organic development and a targeted acquisition—we are driving efficiencies, cost savings and faster release cycles, and equally important, we are helping our customers achieve a truly optimized approach to DevOps.”
With the combined application delivery solution, customers can simplify and streamline application releases, develop and test applications rapidly, move applications into production automatically with higher quality, and better ensure continuous application delivery across the software development lifecycle for improved business and operational agility.
“We are driven to constantly innovate and deliver new applications to market, and that has aligned us closely with the DevOps direction of the CA LISA product suite,” said Laura Miller, senior vice president, Financial Services Application Development, First Data Corporation. “When we virtualize away constraints and automate manual tasks in the software lifecycle, collaboration between Development, QA and Operations teams happens at a new level. We can reliably expect continuous improvement in time-to-market as well as better reliability of the new services our customers demand.”
Nolio is a recognized leader in continuous application delivery with a strong and growing international base of large enterprise and service provider customers.
Nolio’s solutions help customers:
• Improve business and operational agility by dramatically cutting release times;
• Simplify, standardize and execute application releases with better precision;
• Automate application rollbacks for faster recovery and service continuity; and
• Enable fast, agile and scalable release automation for cloud and traditional applications.
According to a recent 451 Research report*, “Nolio is growing both its service-provider and enterprise customers, which bodes well for its future and for the release-automation and devops market. Nolio’s growth also reinforces the enterprise evolution of devops – the confluence of application development and deployment via IT operations – and how more enterprise and service-provider customers are implementing automation, continuous deployment and devops more broadly after already having successfully achieved divisional, test and proof-of-concept deployments.”
CA LISA Application Delivery Suite
At CA World 2013, CA Technologies unveiled its expanded CA LISA Application Delivery suite, which addresses the most critical DevOps challenges and helps a high velocity application delivery organization to deliver faster to market, with superior quality and reduced costs. The suite includes:
CA LISA Service Virtualization: Reduces or eliminates constraints—or roadblocks—such as limited lab and system availability, and incomplete software and test data that prevent on-time application delivery—by modeling dependent systems and services. The latest version now offers mainframe capabilities, international support, and additional protocols and data capabilities.
This solution helps customers:
• Improve quality by shifting error identification earlier in the development cycle;
• Speed time-to-market for updated or new services;
• Lower infrastructure and pay-per-use service costs;
• Reduce demand and contention for physical hardware and labs; and
• Enable parallel development in a 24/7 available virtual environment.
CA LISA Release Automation: With the Nolio acquisition comes this new offering that dramatically improves the ability to move application software efficiently and reliably through the development process and into production across vastly different IT environments spanning physical, virtual and cloud.
With CA LISA Release Automation, customers can:
• Automate the complex processes and changes required to move code between development, test and production;
• Improve application quality and reliability by standardizing release processes;
• Increase the velocity of application release cycles;
• Reduce platform dependency easing migration and deployment;
• Assure successful deployment and roll-back capability; and
• Simplify production deployment and capacity planning.
"Thomson Reuters relies on innovative technology platforms to deliver critical news, information and solutions to our professional customers around the world. CA LISA Release Automation will assist our technologists and developers to automate the deployment of some of our key applications, increasing the speed and efficiency with which we bring new products and offerings to market," said Charlie Richardson, Head of Development Effectiveness, Thomson Reuters.
CA LISA Pathfinder: Allows IT organizations to better model real-world environments for development and test using intelligence from both development and production.
This solution helps customers to:
• Eliminate repetitive testing and validation tasks to allow resources to focus on improving value-added functionality;
• Capture life-like production-level traffic and performance metrics in pre-production;
• Allow users to rapidly create and maintain automated Continuous Integration testing suites;
• Increase regression coverage with robust validation of business scenarios;
• Reduce the time and cost of defect resolution with automated defect capture and root-cause issue reporting; and
• Automate application architecture model discovery and mapping.
CA LISA DevCloud Manager: Helps ensure the environments and infrastructure used in development, test and production are ready for applications, across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure.
With CA LISA DevCloud Manager, customers can:
• Reduce manual setup, maintenance and tear-down time, as well as excess infrastructure costs for complete environments through automation;
• Eliminate resource conflicts between multiple development and test teams with near-instantaneous availability of pre-configured lab environments;
• Allow IT to set centralized standards in provisioning application development environments, while offering flexibility to empower teams to define specific project configurations and data; and
• Optimize the consumption of pre-production computing resources in private or public cloud environments.
For more information about the CA LISA Application Delivery suite, visit http://www.ca.com/lisa.
*”Automation vendor Nolio grows, delves deeper into enterprise devops,” Jay Lyman, 451 Research, December 20, 2012.
CA Technologies Empowers Enterprise Mobility
New Enterprise-Focused Mobility Solutions Help Grow Business, Improve Employee Productivity and Automate IT Management
License Agreement with SAP for Proven SAP Afaria Mobile Device Management Solution Lays Groundwork for Company’s Mobility Initiatives
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA April 23, 2013 – CA WORLD – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced new solutions and capabilities to help enterprises embrace the mobile opportunity with confidence and improve how they connect with employees and customers. CA Technologies innovative approach to enabling enterprise mobility goes beyond-the-device to manage and secure the complex ecosystem that makes up the mobile enterprise.
“Enterprises have cited several key challenges to embracing mobility: the security of enterprise assets, the proliferation of heterogeneous devices, the diversity and management of mobile platforms, and the cost of making applications ‘mobile-ready,’” said Ram Varadarajan, general manager, New Business Innovation, CA Technologies. “We are helping our customers address all those challenges and more with a robust set of solutions to drive the benefits of enterprise mobility including: innovation and business growth through better customer engagements, improved employee productivity by enabling BYOD* and secure collaboration, and automated IT management with mobile-enabled technologies.”
Today’s announcement highlights new mobility solutions and updates to several existing products that drive CA Technologies strategy to help customers mobilize their business from every angle – user, device, data and applications. These capabilities include:
· Mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile content management (MCM) and mobile services management
· Mobile application acceleration;
· Mobile transformation of existing technology to support mobility; and
· “Mobilizing” CA Technologies enterprise solutions.
“Our customers are looking for us to provide essential technology solutions to take advantage of the mobile opportunity. After thoughtful evaluation, we have licensed the proven and market-leading SAP Afaria mobile device management solution to provide this capability to our customers and serve as a key component for us to build other solutions,” Varadarajan said. “We differentiate ourselves from other MDM vendors with the breadth of our offerings. Our current and future solutions help IT leaders become the de facto change-agent for their business by accelerating, transforming and securing enterprise mobility for business innovation and growth.”
CA Mobile Device Management (CA MDM) – provides the capabilities necessary to secure and manage mobile users, devices, applications and content (data). Delivered as a scalable, software-as-a-service model or as an on-premise solution, CA MDM improves productivity by enabling a BYOD strategy and providing a simple, intuitive and self-service enterprise app store. It also automates IT management with real-time insight into mobile device status and usage, along with automated device enrollment, configuration and decommissioning.
“SAP has had tremendous success partnering with CA Technologies to help our customers further secure and manage SAP solutions within the enterprise,” said Sanjay Poonen, president of Technology Solutions and head of the Mobile Division, SAP. “By choosing SAP Afaria as a key component of its mobile strategy, CA Technologies is now equipped with the industry’s leading enterprise mobility management solution, which will play a critical role in transforming the role of IT management.”
The addition of MDM, along with a strong roadmap of Mobile Content, Application and back-end Services Management scheduled for delivery later this year, provides CA Technologies with a comprehensive set of mobility solutions to help customers win in their marketplaces.
· CA Mobile Application Management (CA MAM) –helps convert unmanaged mobile applications into managed applications by embedding security, supportability and control within the applications.
· CA Mobile Content Management (CA MCM) – enables secure access and collaboration across mobile devices regardless of where the content is located – the enterprise or the cloud.
· CA Mobile Services Management – drives reliability, availability and security across the mobile infrastructure for an optimal customer and employee experience as they access enterprise applications and resources via mobile devices.
CA Technologies is also innovating in the area of mobile payments. With incubation projects focused on payments with mobile devices and mobile wallets, CA Technologies is clearing the path for new, future transactional models to drive business growth.
Mobile Transformation of Current Solutions
A key differentiator in CA Technologies solutions for enterprise mobility is the ability to facilitate the transformational shift in the mobile marketplace that is centered on APIs and their importance for accelerating mobile application development and delivery, externalizing core business assets and driving new revenue channels for business growth.
Through the acquisition of Layer 7 Technologies, announced today, CA Technologies will offer secure and efficient Mobile Application Acceleration and access by seamlessly integrating and managing mobility initiatives across backend systems, security and infrastructure. By incorporating Layer 7 solutions into its portfolio, CA will help leverage existing application environments; enable third party developer networks; and secure and govern API usage.
Security, like other IT management functions, is a must-have across any computing paradigm – from mobile to the mainframe. Enhancements to the company’s advanced authentication, data protection, and access management technologies are driving employee productivity and business growth. For example:
· CA AuthMinder™, CA RiskMinder™ and CA CloudMinder™Advanced Authentication help reduce the risk of fraud with enhancements for transactions on mobile devices and incorporating additional device information into risk assessments.
· CA DataMinder™ helps secure collaboration for mobile users with intelligent data-centric security for mobile messaging and file sync and sharing. Support for various third-party software vendors such as Box and Dropbox enables cloud-based information sharing.
· CA SiteMinder® helps improve mobile user engagement and productivity by providing convenient single sign-on for mobile or Web applications to manage user access and security.
“Customers want to connect with business in the way that’s most convenient to them – and today that method is through a mobile device,” said Giampaolo Franchi, Postecom (Gruppo Poste Italiane). “It’s important for Poste Italiane to offer mobile options to our customers for a variety of services, but we need to do it securely. Our collaboration with CA Technologies to engage our customers on their mobile devices and protect online transactions is important for innovating and growing our business.”
CA Technologies Helps Deliver Superior End-user Experience by Adding New Analytics Capabilities to Service Assurance Portfolio
New IT Analytics and Social Sentiment Insight Capabilities Help Customers Better Predict and Diagnose Performance Problems in Critical Applications and Services
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA – April 23 2013 – CA WORLD -- CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced new IT operational analytics capabilities in CA Application Performance Management (APM) that help customers ensure an exceptional end-user experience by more easily diagnosing potential performance problems in productivity and revenue generating applications and services.
Similar to other Service Assurance solutions such as CA Capacity Management, CA Infrastructure Management, and CA Service Operations Insight, CA APM 9.5 is now able to use its performance metrics to automatically identify complex emerging performance issues, enabling triage and diagnosis teams to solve problems faster and understand their environments better.
“In today’s business environment of empowered consumers, commoditized products and intense competition, organizations must establish a unique competitive advantage. The ability to deliver superior customer experience is rapidly becoming that source of differentiation,” said Mike Sargent, general manager, Service Assurance, CA Technologies. “Advanced technology in our Service Assurance portfolio, such as analytics, drives the innovation needed to transform IT operations in some of the world’s largest and most complicated application delivery environments. CA APM’s ability to mine huge amounts of unstructured data to identify potential issues before they become major problems is one of the many ways we can help deliver reliable business services that provide the best possible end-user experience — while helping our customers free up IT resources, budget, and capacity.”
CA APM provides customers a 360-degree view of the end-user experience by linking transactions to the underlying infrastructure across physical, virtual, cloud and mainframe environments. The solution contains three major new features, each designed to make it easier for customers to discover application performance problems before end-users are impacted and help reduce the frequency and duration of service outages:
· Application Behavior Analytics - helps eliminate problem resolution guesswork by automatically and algorithmically turning application performance metrics into proactive anomaly detection, making it faster and easier to proactively identify, diagnose and resolve critical application performance problems as they begin to emerge. The Application Behavior Analytics engine, which does not require a separate license, employs advanced multivariate techniques to find anomalous application behavior across multiple application components and even across multiple applications. It runs without user configuration of thresholds or rules and it proactively alerts IT operators of potential problems that could disrupt performance. The engine automatically mines the vast repository of rich performance data created by CA APM and, within hours of setup, can start determining both simple and complex anomalous behaviors in components and applications, providing insights, even on issues IT wasn’t looking for. This capability frees IT resources from day-to-day management to increase capacity for innovation as well as improve service quality and end-user experience by reducing mean time to repair.
Browser Response Time Monitor (BRTM) - gives visibility into how a browser renders Web pages and how much time it takes, helping IT identify slow-running components to improve the end-user experience. BRTM provides customers visibility into the end-user experience that starts from the browser, providing a view into the client side activity of the transaction as well as the quality of service provided by a content delivery network (CDN). For Web-based applications, this gives IT deeper visibility into the true end-user experience by showing the entire user transaction, allowing for improved triage of performance issues to the browser, network or application.
“The new Application Behavior Analytics feature of CA APM advances APM Analytics in important ways,” said Michael Ell, Director of Engineering – IT Management , Empowered, a specialized Systems Integrator that designs, deploys and manages technical solutions for networks, labs and data centers. “The auto-configuration of data alleviates a key limitation associated with the implementation of analytics while the fully-embedded interface makes it easy to use. The complex anomalies it finds after learning the relationships between transactions and their application components are a helpful complement to the information we already get from CA APM. We’re glad to see the new emphasis on intelligent APM.”
Social Sentiment Indexes Add External Insight into Application Performance
CA Executive Insight for Service Assurance also helps IT leverage a variety of analytics sources to enhance service performance. Designed for the mobile platform, the product connects executives and decision-makers to real-time views of how the health and performance of key IT services impact business outcomes. Version 2.0 features a Web services query tool that can gather information from Big Data sources such as General Sentiment, a social analytics company that delivers insights that change the way brands make product and marketing decisions. In addition, customers can use CA Executive Insight to connect application developers with mobile and Web analytics systems such as Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture.
Providing access to social sentiment indexes allows Line of Business Owners and IT executives to see not only application performance, but also the general feeling end-users have about the application. For example, if an e-commerce site is running slow, the business will see both key performance metrics as well as the reaction of customers via social channels. This enables IT to prioritize fixes if customers are complaining about a service’s performance.
“CA Technologies new operational analytics help speed problem resolution by automatically mining massive volumes of metrics for nuggets that help identify developing issues and their cause,” said Julie Craig, Research Director, Application Management, Enterprise Management Associates. “By incorporating analytics into Service Assurance solutions such as CA APM, CA Technologies is providing customers with powerful tools to proactively identify, diagnose and resolve critical problems before they affect business service reliability and ultimately the customer experience.”
For more information about CA Technologies Service Assurance portfolio, please visit: http://www.ca.com/service-assurance.