• Enhances the hugely popular RX100 with enhanced picture quality and convenient new features
• New 20.2 effective megapixel back-illuminated Exmor RTM 1.0-type CMOS sensor boosts sensitivity for better low-light images
• Wi-Fi and easy One-touch smartphone connection with NFC
• Add accessories with Multi Interface Shoe and Multi Terminal
• 3.0-type White Magic™ LCD tilts up or down
• Full HD 24p/25p movie for rich, cinematic video footage
• TRILUMINOS™ Colour for richer, more natural colours
Kuala Lumpur, 5 August 2013 – The new Cyber-shot™ RX100 II from Sony puts even more shooting power in your pocket. Sleekly styled in strong, light aluminium, it’s a perfect travel partner for quality-conscious photographers who seek DSLR-style images from a pocket camera with generous control options.
Building on the superb picture quality of the multi-award winning RX100, the new camera now delivers even better results whether you’re shooting indoors or at dusk without a flash. The newly developed back-illuminated Exmor R™ 1.0-type CMOS sensor increases sensitivity while reducing picture noise in tricky low-light scenes. Combined with the exceptional f1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens, you’ll see the difference with exceptionally crisp, natural stills and Full HD video in any shooting situation – from parties to night-time landscapes.
The camera’s enthusiast appeal is further enhanced by a new Multi Interface Shoe and Multi Terminal. Expand your photographic capabilities by attaching optional accessories – including an electronic viewfinder, powerful external flash and stereo microphone – via the versatile Multi Interface Shoe. The Multi Terminal also allows the addition of other options such as a shutter-release remote controller.
Compatibility with TRILUMINOS™ Colour technology ensures even richer, more natural colour reproduction with the new generation of BRAVIA televisions featuring TRILUMINOS™ Display.
The PlayMemories Mobile app has been updated to enable the One-touch capabilities of the RX100 II, and also now features an enhanced user interface. It is available now for free from the Google Play store for all Android smartphones.
The new Cyber-shot™ RX100 II digital compact camera from Sony will be available in Malaysia from September 2013.