- Contest enables customers to snap and share photos of their favourite places and list it on FINDIT
- Receive RM1 worth of airtime for each submitted photo
- FINDIT provides access to more than 185,000 business listings in over 2,500 categories, on the go
- FINDIT available for download via smartphone app, mobile website and Maxis USSD SMS for both Android and iOS users
Kuala Lumpur, 29 April 2014. Have a favourite hangout spot, eatery or even a stationery shop that you want others to know about? Just snap a photo and upload it onto FINDIT, the largest digital directory service in the country. Through the FINDIT Photo Contest, users can take pictures of their favourite places around them and submit it via the FINDIT app. By doing this, they will be able to populate the directory with the best places in Malaysia and share it with others, while winning RM1 worth of airtime for each photo submitted.
- Take a geo-tagged photo of any place of interest (POI)
- Fill in your name and Maxis mobile number
- Upload the photo*
T. Kugan, Maxis’ Head of Digital Services said, “With FINDIT, not only does it offer users an extensive catalogue of business listings in a wide range of categories, it also enables them to personally fill up the directory with businesses or services located near them and benefit other users at the same time. The contest provides users with an interactive and engaging platform to share information on great places around them, and at the same time be rewarded for it!”
Todate, more than 1,800 photos have already been uploaded by users. One of those users is Sia Ming Choung from Perak, a photo contest winner who traveled from the West Coast to the East Coast of Malaysia and took over 200 photos of various locations.
The FINDIT service, which is a partnership between Maxis and FINDIT Malaysia, offers users access to 185,000 business listings in over 2,500 categories, including location maps and driving directions. For Maxis customers, it is available for download and usage for free.
With FINDIT, Maxis is simplifying lives and creating new ways of working for businesses by helping them be more visible to a wider market, promote their services and connect with their own customers. FINDIT’s location-based feature also enables users to search for product and services closest to their location. They can also enjoy special offers and promotions from various merchants listed in the directory, which they can redeem immediately.
FINDIT is available to all for free on multiple platforms: By downloading the FINDIT app on both Android and iOS operating systems from Google Play and App Store respectively; via mobile site at m.findit.com.my or website at www.findit.com.my. FINDIT is also available exclusively for Maxis customers via UMB by dialing *200# from their mobile.
* Photos of the locations must be clear and not contain faces of any individuals.
* Photos must be chosen as the ‘Primary Display Picture’ to qualify for the RM1 airtime prize.
* Customers are welcome to submit as many photos as they wish.