SCCyberworld

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Acer and Microsoft Celebrate '12-12-12' With A 'RM12, 121.20 Speedy Sweep Contest' for Acer Customers



Acer and Microsoft Celebrate ’12-12-12’ With A ‘RM12,121.20 Speedy Sweep Contest’ for Acer Customers
Fifteen lucky customers pit against each other for more than RM30,000 worth of prizes by sweeping RM12,121.20 worth of ‘price tags’ in 1 minute

KUALA LUMPUR 12 December 2012 – Acer and Microsoft celebrated the ‘once in a lifetime’ date of 12th December 2012 or 12-12-12, with fifteen lucky Acer customers today.

Indeed, Christmas came early for these customers who sped through an Acer concept store to sweep up ‘price tags’ to add up to RM12, 121.20. The winners were vying for RM30,000 worth of Acer products. This Speedy Sweep Contest was held in conjunction with the recently launched Acer Aspire S7 and Windows® 8.

The Grand Prize went to Mohd Khidir Omar, 27 from Seri Kembangan, Selangor, who represented one of the finalist, Nurbaizura Binti Mohd Ismail and went home with RM10,000 worth of Acer products.

He was overjoyed when he was announced as the winner. “Never have I won anything in my life! I am so happy to have won RM10,000 worth of Acer products! When my friend called me this morning, asking me to come in her stead as she had a last minute meeting, I was actually running late. I thought of giving up and turning back home but I called one of Acer’s representative and they assured me that they will wait for me. Thank you so much to Acer and Microsoft for this opportunity to sweep through in this exciting contest and also for these new products! This is the best gift ever to start off 2013!” said Mohd Khidir when met after he claimed his prize.

One of the consolation prize winners, Francis Sangalang, 28 from Petaling Jaya, was elated to go home with RM500 worth of shopping vouchers. “It was a very fun event! When Acer contacted me to inform that I was one of the finalists for the contest, I wanted to scream out in joy but I was in a meeting. I bought an Acer Aspire S3 with Windows® 8 and I love it! I travel with it everywhere I go because it is so thin and light! I did not win the grand prize but I was secretly hoping to win the consolation prize because I am actually planning to use the consolation prize to buy some Christmas gifts! Thank you Acer and Microsoft for the great promo, wonderful machines and awesome Operating System,” he said.

The “Speedy Sweep Contest” was organized especially for customers who purchased any Acer products pre-installed with the latest Windows® 8 operating system. Every valid purchase was entitled to one entry. Submissions were by post or via the Acer Malaysia Facebook where customers were required to submit the product serial number and proof of purchase for verification purpose. The contest was held from 26th October to 30th November 2012.

A total of 15 contestants were selected to take part simultaneously in the Speedy Sweep Contest held at three selected Acer Concept Stores nationwide. Three Grand Prize winners were rewarded with RM10,000 worth of Acer products each. Other contestants did not go home empty handed as they received RM500 worth of shopping vouchers each.

For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/AcerMalaysia or call Acer Product Infoline at 1800-88-1288 (9am – 6pm Mondays to Fridays).

No comments: