Exceeds one million managed devices mark and introduces array of mobile security offerings
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 18, 2012 – Less than eighteen months after introducing Sophos Mobile Control into its complete security product portfolio, Sophos today announced that more than one million devices worldwide are now managed by the mobile device management (MDM) solution. This milestone comes on the heels of several major MDM developments in 2012, from a strategic acquisition to major product enhancements to the release of several free mobile security apps. Highlights from the year include:
· Acquisition of Dialogs, one of Europe’s leading MDM providers; the acquisition further solidifies Sophos’ leadership position within enterprise mobile protection
· Sophos Mobile Control 2.5, which provides a simple way to bring BYOD into the enterprise—quickly, safely and securely—with a new web-based administrative console and extensive feature set
· Sophos Mobile Control as-a-Service, which eliminates hardware costs and reduces time to administer MDM solutions. With a choice of delivery models, businesses can quickly and easily deploy an MDM solution without any changes to their existing IT infrastructures
· Sophos Mobile Security, a free lightweight anti-virus app that protects Android devices against malware, privacy issues and hardware loss
· Sophos Mobile Encryption, a free app that integrates with Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise, allowing customers who use the Encryption for Cloud Storage module to securely view documents saved in Dropbox or Egnyte on Android and iOS devices
“Enterprise Mobility Management is a key focus area for Sophos and this will continue into the coming year, with bigger launches, greater integration and more platform support, all of which we’re excited to introduce to partners and customers,” said Thomas Lippert, senior product manager, Sophos. “More customers are turning to Sophos Mobile Control to protect their mobile workforces, and this increased adoption has been further accelerated by our complete security approach, of which mobile plays a key part.”
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The first PC Expo 2013 KL starts next week at Mid Valley Exhibition Centre in Kuala Lumpur with lots of bargains plus Iron Man 3 collectibl...
Jump On WeChat for an Unparalleled Experience with International Celebrities and Famous Brands Kuala Lumpur, 13 December 2012 – Chatting ...
The 14th MSC Malaysia Asia Pacific Information & Communications Technology Alliance (APICTA) Awards 2013, organised by Multimedia Devel...
The Samsung 4G Chromebook has built-in connectivity to Malaysia’s largest and widest 4G network, designed to work with Yes IDs KUALA LUMPU...
Agreement Brings Most Sought-After Flagship LG Optimus Models to Malaysian Consumers Kuala Lumpur, 22 May 2013: Brightstar Corporation, t...