Surface launch momentum continues with this full-fledged PC in the ultraportable form of a tablet, additional touch cover options, and expanded retail outlets
KUALA LUMPUR, 5 June 2013 – Building on the launch momentum of the Surface brand of devices heralded by the arrival of the Microsoft Surface RT about a month ago, Microsoft Malaysia (“Microsoft”) today announced that Malaysians can now “go pro” with the Microsoft Surface Pro, available in participating retail outlets nationwide from 7 June 2013 onwards.
Carlos Lacerda, Managing Director of Microsoft Malaysia, commented on the excitement that has continued to build since end-April’s launch event, “We were thrilled with the enthusiastic response the Surface RT received, and have since been hard at work to bring in the Surface Pro. Now, Malaysian consumers, clients and partners have the additional choice of an amazing device that delivers a full, no-compromise computing experience that lets you get work done. It’s the power and productivity of a full-fledged laptop, in the sleek, svelte form factor of a tablet that truly transforms the way Malaysians live in today’s on-the-go lifestyle!”
“Surface boasts the power and apps you want, looks amazing, and is light and easy to carry. You’ll enjoy taking Surface wherever you go to deliver your best. With the availability of both the Surface Pro and the Surface RT for Malaysians, the Surface movement in Malaysia is truly underway!” said Carlos.
“Microsoft's Surface Pro, among other products, is an example of how the lines between PCs and tablets are blurring, and how the ecosystem can still produce inspirational products that can also be functional for certain users like business professionals and road warriors," he added.
Pricing, Additional Touch Cover Options, Expanded Retail Outlets
Surface Pro retails in two configurations, 64GB and 128GB, which will retail as standalone devices priced at RM2,749.00 and RM3,049.00 respectively. At the same time, the full range of touch cover colors has been expanded from the current black, white, and cyan options to now include red and magenta; which will retail for RM379.00 each. The black type cover remains at RM409.00.
Microsoft also announced today that it will be expanding the list of participating retail partners. Presently, Surface is available through selected stores nationwide from three participating retail partners, namely: Challenger Malaysia, Harvey Norman, and Thunder Match Technology. From today onwards, Malaysians can also purchase Surface through an additional retail partner, SNS Network, at Greentown Business Centre, Ipoh; AEON Kinta City, Ipoh; AEON Station 18, Ipoh; and AEON Sri Manjung, Sitiawan, Perak.
Surface Pro is an all-new 64-bit PC, in a tablet format, that combines beauty, power and mobility. Both 64GB and 128GB storage configurations are powered by an Intel Core i5 processor, making it a powerful machine that allows users to do everything they’ve ever done on their PCs with Windows 8 Pro.
Weighing less than two pounds and measuring just 13.5 millimeters thin, it boasts touch-enhanced applications that run smoothly alongside popular desktop software, making it the perfect way for Malaysians to do more.
Some of the standout features of Pro include its enterprise-ready connectivity, security and manageability:
• Windows 8 Pro. Tablet meets laptop in an intelligently constructed machine with the power and legacy of Microsoft applications and security features — all in one beautiful place.
• Surface pen. Surface Pro includes a pen that lets you jot down ideas anytime, anywhere. Distinctively crafted to work with Surface, the pen is a stylish way to edit, collaborate and do your signature work.
• Click in, and do more. Two ways to click in and do more — Touch Cover and Type Cover. Revolutionary design marries a light, thin form with comfort and speed. Doubling as a protective screen cover, both keyboards offer productivity with style and convenience.
• Kickstand. Surface was designed with an integrated kickstand that makes work instant and easy. Just flip out the kickstand and you’re ready to get busy.
• Security. Surface Pro combines the security and manageability that you expect from Microsoft. Microsoft BitLocker encrypts your hard drive’s data, helping keep your stuff safe. Install applications and connect with accessories and printers, just like you always have.
• Connectivity. When your creations need to be shared with others, connect to projectors, big screens or displays by plugging into the Mini DisplayPort. This HD connection lets presentations, videos and documents take center stage.
Additional details on Surface are available at http://www.Surface.com/my