Expansions to HP LaserJet portfolio include first enterprise touch-to-print MFPs and solutions
Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia, October 23, 2013 — HP today announced first enterprise touch-to-print solutions and new departmental flow multifunction printers (MFPs) that strengthen HP’s portfolio for businesses.
The proliferation of data created by a growing mobile workforce is driving organizations to rethink how they conduct business and manage their information. HP addresses this challenge with a “New Style of IT.” This includes delivering business printing technologies that accelerate productivity in a hybrid paper-and-digital world.
The new departmental-class HP LaserJet Enterprise M800 series flow MFPs with near field communication (NFC) touch-to-print and wireless direct join HP’s latest breakthrough MFP innovations, like the HP Officejet Pro X series and the HP LaserJet Enterprise M500 series flow MFPs. The HP LaserJet Enterprise M800 series is integrated with a suite of enhanced HP solutions and expanded, more flexible Managed Print Services options that now include HP Page Plan.
HP also announced new single-function printers, multifunction printers (MFPs), scanners and solutions that streamline customers’ digital and paper processes and increase business productivity.
“Organizations need to adapt quickly to the changing landscape of information technology, which includes dealing with the vast amounts of data and processes created by a growing mobile workforce,” said Wai Mun Loh , Country Category Manager, HP Printers and Personal Systems, Malaysia, “HP’s NFC touch-to-print solutions for enterprises and the latest HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFPs help improve customers’ mobile print experience and transform the management of digital and print workflows for potentially greater business performance.”
Simple and more secured mobile printing
By 2015, 37 percent of the global workforce will be mobile.(1) Organizations must be able to respond to the mobility megatrend with solutions that are easy to use, increase efficiency and help reduce security risks.
New HP mobile printing solutions include:
HP LaserJet Enterprise M800 series is the industry’s first enterprise MFP and printer series with touch-to-print functionality and wireless direct.(4) The HP LaserJet Enterprise M800 series includes the HP LaserJet Enterprise M806, HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M830, the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M855 and the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M880. These devices simplify the way customers can safely print, allowing them to do so from any NFC-enabled smartphone or tablet with just one touch. They also safeguard sensitive data with the HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk.
• Updates to HP ePrint Enterprise(5) offer enhanced connectivity features and expanded device support for environments using mobile device management solutions. HP now offers a version of the ePrint Enterprise app for Blackberry 10, as well as Android and iOS versions of the HP ePrint Enterprise for Good(6) app helping mobile users print content secured by the Good suite of solutions. Additionally, the HP ePrint Enterprise server software will support WiFi printing from the native print path on certain mobile devices.
• HP Capture and Route 1.3 now offers iOS and Android mobile client support making it easier to manage, update and store information accurately and efficiently. In addition, users can now scan from HP devices directly to Google Docs for cloud storage.
HP expands new LaserJet line-up, improves business workflow
New printing solutions for enterprise and small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers help them integrate business workflows with digitized processes.
HP is expanding the HP Flow portfolio that now includes the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M880, the HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M830 and HP Scanjet Enterprise Flow 5000s2. These devices offer features that streamline workflows by transforming paper into editable digital files more quickly and reliably with high-performing, single-pass duplex scanning, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and HP EveryPage technology that helps avoid missing pages when scanning. Notably, the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M880 and HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFP M830 also come with an 8-inch color touchscreen and a pull-out keyboard, making it easier to preview, edit, scan to multiple formats and digitally send documents directly to cloud storage like network folders or SharePoint. Equipped with finishing options such as a 2-bin stapler/stacker, booklet marker and hole punch output options, the new HP flow MFPs can address businesses’ needs in a hybrid work environment involving both paper and digital.
• HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M750 series is ideal for workgroups looking to print wide-format color documents using a desktop or floor-standing printer with a large paper capacity. The series includes M750n, M750dn, and M750xh printers. Intuitive, easy-to-use management tools that are part of this series of enterprise-class printers help limit IT intervention while keeping productivity a top priority. The devices in this series enable reduced overheads and help environmental impact with energy- and material-saving features.
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn: HP’s smallest MFP with monochrome print, scan, copy and fax(8) capabilities.
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176/M177 series: Satisfies traditional multifunction printer needs for SMBs requiring extended workflow management. It also acts as a hub for an organization’s document management(9) capabilities via connections with cloud services like Google Docs or Box.net.
• HP Embedded Capture: New serverless content capture solution designed to facilitate the scanning of images by allowing customers to create their own personal workflows, streamline processes and help boost productivity.
HP Page Plan offers greater flexibility
HP is introducing more flexible service options in Managed Print Services. The new HP Page Plan simplifies the purchase of new HP products, supplies, and hardware support into a simple, convenient print services contract. Organizations can begin realizing some efficiencies of HP’s Managed Print Services portfolio, with the flexibility to scale to more comprehensive services over time.
The new HP Page Plan will also provide convenient access to HP’s latest enterprise-class printing innovation including the HP Flow MFP series and the HP Officejet Pro X – the world’s fastest desktop printer(10).
(1) IDC, “Mobile Printing Landscape, Transition to Early Adoption,” August 2012, Doc. No. 236258.
(2) NFC technology is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into close proximity.
(3) The HP 1200w Mobile Print Accessory is compatible with 2008 or later Oz or Phz-based HP LaserJet printers. The HP JetDirect 2800w for FutureSmart Fleet is compatible with any HP FutureSmart-enabled printer or MFP.
(4) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(5) HP ePrint Enterprise requires HP ePrint Enterprise server software. App-based option requires Internet- and email-capable BlackBerry smartphone OS 4.5 or newer; iPhone® 3G or newer, iPad® and iPod Touch® (2nd gen) devices running iOS 4.2 or later; or Android® devices running version 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, with separately purchased wireless Internet service and the HP ePrint Enterprise app. Email-based option requires any email-capable device and authorized email address. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, and PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP).
(6) Requires license from Good for Enterprise and Good Dynamics.
(7) HP Flow CM Professional is available in US and Canada only and through select HP partners.
(8) Fax capability only available on M127.
(9) Document management capabilities only available on M177.
(10) Based on published fastest print speeds for the HP X551dw and X576dw models compared to laser and inkjet color desktop MFPs <$1000 USD and color laser printers <$800 USD validated by WirthConsulting.org Jan. 2013.