New innovations include multiple mobile computers, new suite of enterprise features and next generation of cross-platform development tools
KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA. – Oct. 4, 2013 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced four enterprise mobile computers running the most popular version of the Android operating system (OS). The devices include the new, pocket-sized TC55 touch computer which merges the features of a traditional enterprise-class mobile computer with the form factor and functionality of a smartphone.
MSI is also simultaneously announcing updates to software offerings including Extensions (Mx) by Motorola Solutions security features and the fourth generation of RhoMobile Suite’s cross-platform development framework. This suite of technologies and development tools will help businesses adapt, integrate and secure the consumer-focused Android OS for enterprise customers.
Motorola Solutions aims to make Android enterprise ready with interoperability and security, meeting the needs of next generation business mobility with TC55 and three other enterprise-class handheld computers ET1, MC40 and MC67 all running the latest generation of Android OS with Mx enhancements.
TC55 All-Touch Enterprise Device
• The new TC55 touch computer combines the best features of a traditional enterprise-class mobile computer with the form factor and functionality of a smartphone running the Jelly Bean version of the Android OS.
• Designed for the field service, merchandising, and direct store delivery (DSD) markets, the TC55 offers an advanced capacitive 4.3-inch high-resolution touch screen. The touch screen is brighter both indoors and outdoors and dynamically adjusts to the environment enabling input with a bare or gloved finger or a stylus – even if the screen is wet.
• The TC55’s suite of high-performance data capture features can help mobile workers better serve their customers and improve efficiency by capturing bar codes, signatures, documents, photos and videos with ease.
• With IP67 sealing and the longest battery life in its class for dependable full-shift power, the rugged TC55 is built for a full day in the field.
• The TC55 is being certified under GCF and will be unlocked, so it can be used on all carrier networks across Asia Pacific and Middle East.
• Leveraging Motorola’s voice leadership, the TC55’s speakerphone is four times louder than traditional smartphones and offers dual microphones with noise-cancelling technology that delivers outstanding clarity at both ends of a call.
Motorola Mobile Computers with Android Jelly Bean OS
• Motorola is expanding the industry’s largest portfolio of purpose-built Android-based devices with the introduction of the ET1, MC40 and MC67 enterprise mobile computers running the Jelly Bean version of the Android OS and fortified with Mx enhancements.
• The Jelly Bean version of the Android OS provides new features important to enterprises including security enhancements, better graphics support and improved logging and support capabilities.
• Motorola mobile computers with the Android OS can run Android applications that have been developed natively or with alternative frameworks such as RhoMobile Suite.
• Motorola provides a full software development kit (SDK) that allows developers to easily develop and integrate enterprise data capture features on Motorola’s Android-based mobile computers.
• Mx is a suite of security, device management and performance extensions that have been added to the standard Android OS to make it ready for the enterprise.
• With Mx, IT administrators can strictly enforce which business applications are allowed to run on a device, and mobile device management (MDM) vendors can provide real-time remote management control.
• Mx infuses Motorola Android-based mobile computers with enterprise-class data capture features as well as fast and intelligent pre-emptive roaming and edge awareness to provide mobile workers with a superior wireless experience.
• Mx is written on the commercial Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and will not compromise Android functions nor create application compatibility issues.
• RhoMobile Suite 4.0 is the next generation of powerful cross-platform development tools that help businesses mobilize their workers, no matter what OS, device and technology is in their hands.
• Developers can write, integrate, host and manage applications that work across platforms -- including new support for iOS7 and Windows Phone 8 -- on both consumer and enterprise devices.
• Enterprises, PartnerEmpower channel partners and other independent software vendors (ISVs) can reduce costs and improve time-to-market with their applications by using RhoMobile Suite 4.0 to write an application once and run it across multiple legacy and future OS platforms and devices.