Thursday, October 31, 2013


Melbourne getaway plus Nikon D5200 await grand prize winner

KUALA LUMPUR, 31 October 2013 – Calling all shutterbugs! International value hotel brand Tune Hotels and Nikon (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd are jointly organising a four-month long nationwide photography contest that is open to all Nikon camera users in Malaysia.

Divided into four categories – portrait, architectural, cultural and nature – the Tune Hotels + Nikon Photography Contest is aptly themed ‘I Am Malaysia’ and seeks to unearth the many hidden and forgotten sides of Malaysia.

Tune Hotels Group CEO Mark Lankester says: “With the rise in the popularity of photos and social media, the Tune Hotels + Nikon Photography Contest is a great platform for all amateur and professional photographers out there to give their best shots, be it of the people of different backgrounds, structures of a weathered building or traditions that have been passed on from one generation to another.”

“With the Visit Malaysia Year 2014 dawning upon us, the photography contest will offer tourists and visitors an extensive glimpse of what the country has to offer. Just two weeks into the contest there is already a sizeable collection of fantastic photos on the competition website,” he added.

“As a player in the tourism industry, Tune Hotels feels that this collaboration with Nikon will go a long way in helping promote us as a fun and cool brand amongst Malaysians and tourists alike. We are very grateful to Nikon for the wonderful opportunity to work together,” said Mark.
Tune Hotels General Manager for Hotel Operations Kishore Suppiah (left) and Nikon (Malaysia) Assistant Marketing Manager Yeo Su Kuan.

There will be four contest periods of a month long each. The first term is currently running from 14 October until 13 November 2013, while the fourth and final term will be from 14 January 2014 up to 13 February 2014, the final closing date.

At the end of the contest period, all shortlisted images will be judged by an appointed panel of judges that will constitute 60 per cent of the overall score while the remaining 40 per cent will come from public votes via the contest website.

For each contest term, contestants may submit up to five images for each category together with a pre-requisite photo featuring any Tune Hotel in Malaysia. Contestant with the best image in each category will be selected as the Category Prize Winner and receive a Nikon D3200 with an 18-55 kit lens and a three-day, two-night return trip to Bali courtesy of Tune Hotels.

Meanwhile, the photographer with the most number of shortlisted images across the four categories will walk away with the Grand Prize consisting of a Nikon D5200 with an 18-105 kit lens and a fully-paid four-day, three-night holiday for two to Melbourne courtesy of Tune Hotels.

Public voters will also stand a chance to win a Nikon S6200 and a two-day, one-night Tune Hotels stay voucher if the photo they voted for emerged a Category Winner.

All winning photographs will be featured in the Digital Camera magazine, Digital SLR Photography magazine, Dunia Kamera magazine and Aperture magazine.

More information on the Tune Hotels + Nikon Photography Contest, terms and conditions are available from or by visiting the Nikon Club kiosk at the I Am Precious Moment: Nikon Show 2013 being held at the MidValley Megamall until this Sunday 3 November 2013.

There are 11 Tune Hotels in operation in Malaysia at present, strategically located in Kuala Lumpur, KLIA-LCCT, Kota Damansara, Penang, Johor Bahru, Ipoh, Kulim, Kota Bharu, Kuching, Bintulu and Kota Kinabalu.

For real-time updates and promotion alerts by Tune Hotels, guests can stay connected with Tune Hotels via Facebook at and on Twitter via  For booking and further information, visit

No comments: