• Comes bundled with an exclusive entertainment offer with access to great movies and millions of songs for a limited time, all worth RM700
Kuala Lumpur, 14 October 2013 – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) is announcing the local availability of the LTE variant for its large-screen smartphone, Xperia Z Ultra. This follows the launch of the HSDPA variant back in August.
Xperia Z Ultra is the next revolution in premium large-screen Android smartphone entertainment. It is the world’s slimmest full HD smartphone1 and also the first to incorporate a Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile powered by Sony’s latest X-Reality™ for mobile picture engine to deliver the most immersive viewing experience imaginable.
Xperia Z Ultra at a glance:
• LTE (Band 3 and 7)
• 6.4” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile powered by X-Reality™ for mobile engine for the ultimate viewing experience
• Ultra slim, waterproof and dust resistant (IP55/IP58) durable design
• Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs and LTE for fast performance
• Write and sketch with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm)
• 8 megapixel camera with Exmor™ RS for mobile sensor and HDR for videos and photos
• Full accessory ecosystem for premium entertainment and connectivity
• Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life
Availability and RRP
The Xperia Z Ultra LTE variant will be available from 17 October in a choice of black, white and purple colour finishes at a recommended retail price of RM 2,199.
Exclusive entertainment offer for a limited time
To give consumers the best possible viewing and listening experience, the Xperia Z Ultra LTE variant also comes with an exclusive entertainment pack filled with music and movies.
From October to December, consumers who purchase the Xperia Z Ultra LTE version will be able to enjoy three months of free music streaming powered by Akazoo, a social media music app which comes preloaded in the device. Users will have unlimited social music listening with access to a huge catalogue of tracks during the promotional period*.
In addition, Xperia Z Ultra LTE users will be able to download up to six movies for free** through Movies Privilege, available through the Xperia Privilege app that is also preloaded in the device.
1 Specifications verified by Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX service, as of 24th of June 2013 the Xperia Z Ultra is the slimmest smartphone with a Full HD display, for more information on Strategy analytics results go to: www.sonymobile.com/testresults
2 As of 24th of June 2013, outside of Japan, the Xperia Z Ultra is the only waterproof smartphone with a Full HD display on global distribution. In compliance with IP55 and IP58, Xperia Z Ultra is protected against the ingress of dust and is waterproof. Provided that all ports and covers are firmly closed, the phone is (i) protected against low pressure jets of water from all practicable directions in compliance with IP 55; and/or (ii) can be kept under 1.50 metre of freshwater for up to 30 minutes in compliance with IP58. The phone is not designed to float or work submerged underwater outside the IP55 or IP58 classification range that may lead to your warranty will being void. Find out more www.sonymobile.com/testresults
*Akazoo promotional period is from October – December 2013. Xperia Z Ultra LTE users who activate their Akazoo application during the promotional period will get 3 months of free subscription from the date of activation.
** Users will be provided with a code via the Xperia Privilege app to redeem 6 movie credits. The movie downloads will be available from 1 November - 31 December 2013.