SCCyberworld

Sunday, June 10, 2007

hp的9 Ways To Skin A PC大賽揭曉

Life Is Indeed Beautiful for the Grand Winner of HP’s “9 Ways To Skin A PC” Contest


KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, June 10, 2007– Hewlett-Packard (M) Sdn Bhd today announced the winners for the HP “9 Ways To Skin A PC” contest. As part of HP’s efforts to stimulate the growth in creativity of local talents, HP recently held a competition for students to design the most original and creative skins for notebooks.

Chun Hon Wee from Dasein Academy of Art had won the grand prize consisting of a HP Pavilion tx1005 Entertainment Notebook worth RM4,999. He had been inspired by the phrase, ‘life is beautiful.’

“We all lead such busy lives that we often forget how to enjoy the wonders of life. The artwork I’ve come up for the skin, is based on the often wonderful details and aspects of humanity’s lives,” he said.

“I felt so surprised and delighted when I knew that I had won myself the grand prize. I felt thankful and I had never thought that my design would be the winning one. I’d like to graciously thank HP for helping me share my design with everyone,” said Hon Wee. “I look forward to using the HP Pavilion tx1000 Notebook PC. I’ll be having a sweet time browsing the Internet with it, as well as using it for my studies”, he added.

The “9 Ways To Skin A PC” contest was held from 26 March till 11 May 2007. It is a follow-through integral component of a wider global integrated marketing campaign for HP’s Personal Systems Group, named The Computer is Personal Again. The campaign emphasizes the vision of a highly individual and personal relationship with the computer, unique for each user.

“We received an overwhelming response for this special online contest. I’d like to specially congratulate the winners, for their superb effort in this contest. HP understands that customizing notebooks can be very personal, and this contest is yet another extension on how the computer is an intimate representation of our personalities,” said Danny Lee, Country General Manager, Personal Systems Group, Hewlett-Packard (M) Sdn Bhd. “On top of that, we also hope to nurture local talents in the field of graphic design as an exciting competition helps hone their skills and confidence to better prepare them for the industry”, he added.

Lam Wai Kin, an A-Level student from Help Institute won the first prize for the contest. “I’ve submitted a total of five entries and I thank God that I’ve been picked as a winner. I have been dreaming of being short-listed but had never expect myself to walk away with the first prize”, said Lam. “Thanks to HP, I am now looking forward to continue pursuing my studies in the architecture field with my newly-won HP notebook,” he added.

The second prize was awarded to Ms. Natalie Cheah Si May, a fashion design student from the La Salle Art Institute. “First of all I’d like to thank HP for the award. I am so excited about it and certainly did not expect myself to win the contest,” she said.

“This is my first time participating in such a contest and it is also my first time in doing design work using a PC,” said Natalie. “The inspiration actually comes from the night view of street lighting and traffic lights”, she added.

The prize presentation was held in Oval Concourse Area, New Wing, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, in conjunction with HP’s roadshow on the new launching of its latest HP Pavilion HDX Series Entertainment Notebook PC “the Dragon”, HP Pavilion dv2000, HP Pavilion dv6500, HP Pavilion v3500 and the Compaq Presario V3500 series.

The list of the winners’ include:
1. Grand Prize : Chan Hon Wee (Dasein Academy of Art)
2. First Prize : Lam Wai Kin (Help Institute)
3. Second Prize: Natalie Cheah (La Salle Art Institute)
4. Third Prize : Hanif Zulkifli (Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Polytechnic)
Tong Wei Sheng (PJ Art and Design College)
Kong Pei Woon (Cosmopoint College of Technology)
Teoh El Sen ( Lim Kok Wing Institute of Creative
Technology)
Leong Chia Wei (Dasein Academy of Art)
Steven Chong (Saito Academy)

The contest was open to all secondary school and tertiary institution students. Participants submitted their skin designs for the HP Pavilion tx1000 Entertainment Notebook PC with a short description of their artwork in less than 100 words through the competition website at www.hp.com.my/skin.

Each participant was allowed to send in multiple entries in the specified format by the closing date. Entries were judged on creativity, originality, individuality and the relevance with the respective design categories.

No comments: