• XPS 11 is the thinnest, lightest and most compact 2-in-1 with the first Quad HD display on an 11.6-inch 2-in-1
• XPS 15 powerhouse laptop offers the first 15.6-inch Quad HD+ display for jaw-dropping visuals and the ultimate experience
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia, Nov. 21, 2013 – Dell today introduced new XPS laptops, each with breakthrough displays for a phenomenal viewing experience with vibrant, crisp images in any available screen size. The new XPS 11, the thinnest, most compact 2-in-1, also features the first Quad HD (2560 x 1440) display on an 11.6-inch 2-in-1. The XPS 15 multimedia powerhouse boasts a stunningly thin design, and offers as an option the first 15.6-inch Quad HD+ (3200 x 1800) display, which is the highest resolution available on a laptop of that size.
“People today expect the best experience possible from their technology – they are counting on it to keep them connected and move with them, wherever they are,” said KT Ong, general manager, Consumer and Commercial Business, Dell Malaysia. “The new XPS laptops give customers the stellar experience they expect from us, with performance that allows them to work how they want, when they want, in a design they’ll be proud to show off and own.”
In keeping with the XPS tradition of offering the best computing experience in any product category, the XPS laptops and 2-in-1 feature machined aluminum, carbon fiber, vibrant displays, and Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for performance, durability and the ultimate experience.
• Starting at 2.5lbs and just 11-15mm thin, the XPS 11 is the thinnest, lightest and most compact 2-in-1 Ultrabook, offering a tablet-first design with laptop functionality. It easily transitions from tablet to laptop with a 360 degree rotating hinge design, and an innovative solid surface backlit touch keyboard that provides a superb experience from lap to bag. With a Quad HD (2560 x 1440) display, the highest resolution display in an 11.6-inch 2-in-1 today, the XPS 11 has a bright, crisp viewing experience. The display also features True Color viewing powered by eeColor, which enables customers to enjoy true, rich consistent color in nearly any lighting environment.
The XPS 15 continues to be a multimedia powerhouse delivering the highest resolution in its class, and incredible power in an ultra-thin, light wedge design, starting at 4.44lbsi. The XPS 15 is the first 15.6-inch laptop to feature a Quad HD+ display, and also available with a touch option, boasts over 5.7 million pixels – five times the amount of standard HD – for jaw-dropping resolution. Designed for creative enthusiasts, the XPS 15 packs 4th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 quad core processor options and NVIDIA discrete graphics options. Every XPS 15 boots and resumes within seconds with hard drive configuration options from 500GB to 1TB , both with a 32GB mSATA SSD, to a 512GB solid state drive, all including Intel Rapid Start Technology .
• The award-winning XPS 13, with its 13.3-inch, edge-to-edge display that innovatively fits into a footprint similar to an 11-inch laptop, is razor thin and light, starting at under 3lbsi. It is now even faster with 4th generation Intel Core processors, Intel HD 4400 graphics, and has longer battery life for the mobile professional who values a sleek design, responsiveness and ultimate mobility. Its Full HD display provides a brilliant viewing experience and is now even more versatile with a touch option.
Availability and Pricing
The Dell XPS 11 and new XPS 13 and 15 are available today at the following starting prices:
• XPS 11: Starts from RM 3,899
• New XPS 13: Starts from RM 3,999
• New XPS 15: Starts from RM 4,899