• The world’s most portable large-screen smartphone1: 6” HD display in a smartphone with slim, lightweight and easy to use design with one-handed operation features
• Snap great pictures with the best camera in its class2 and enhanced “selfie” apps like Portrait retouch
• Speed and stamina with super-fast data, a lightning quick processor and great battery performance to keep your movies playing all day.
KUALA LUMPUR, 2 April 2014 – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today announced the local availability of the Xperia T2 Ultra, the next evolution in large-screen smartphone design. The Xperia T2 Ultra brings together the best of Sony’s imaging and display technologies with ground-breaking design efficiency to produce a stunning LTE3 Android smartphone at a mid-range price point.
“Xperia T2 Ultra will lead the category through its combination of advanced display and camera technologies, it will bring large-screen entertainment in an amazingly portable form factor and it will do it all whilst providing incredible value for money,” said Cheong Wah Tong, Sony Mobile Communications, Malaysian Head of Market. “Its large HD display will deliver big screen entertainment on the go whilst the efficiency of the design will allow it to remain the worlds most portable large screen smartphone.”
Sony’s entertainment divisions have been delivering some of the world’s greatest entertainment content for decades and with Xperia T2 Ultra these experiences will be more integrated than ever before.
To make the most of the movies and songs, whilst ensuring that users need never be parted from them, Xperia T2 Ultra combines a number of key design features to perfectly balance the need for a large screen with portability and battery endurance.
Xperia T2 Ultra’s stunning 6” HD TRILUMINOS display extends to within 2.5 mm of the phone’s edges. This means that it has a screen to phone size ratio of 73.6%, both making the most of the space available and ensuring that the phone is no wider than a standard credit card. It is also both slim (7.6 mm) and light (weighing only 173 ± 1g depending on variant differences), fitting easily in a jacket pocket.
Sony’s innovative smart social camera
Xperia T2 Ultra features a 13 megapixel camera, the best in it’s class2, that brings together the best of Sony’s digital imaging technology to allow users to capture incredible images, and, coupled with Sony’s new smart social camera ecosystem, smartphone photography can go far beyond the traditional snapshot.
The smart social camera system allows developers to create camera add-ons that extend functionality and re-define the role of the camera. Apps available at launch will include:
• Portrait Retouch: Turn Xperia T2 Ultra into a virtual mirror and experiment with make-up effects before snapping the perfect self-portrait
• Collage: Allows you to drop images directly into creative photo collages by changing formats, layouts and backgrounds
• Background defocus: Create stunning images full of depth by separating foreground elements and burring the background
• Timeshift burst: Ensures you get the perfect photo every time by taking 31 photos within two seconds, both before and after you press the shutter. You can then scroll through them afterwards to select the perfect shot.
• Sweep Panorama: Snap amazing and seamless panoramas easily. Take a snap then sweep the phone in a direction you set to capture wide-angle panoramas.
Xperia T2 Ultra at the heart of a connected ecosystem
With one-touch functions users can instantly and easily share music, photos and videos and movies from Xperia T2 Ultra with a wide range of NFC-enabled Sony devices, including speakers, SmartWatch, wireless headsets and TVs.
The SBH52 is a dynamic Smart Bluetooth™ Handset that provides easy hands-free call handling with a single press, while leaving your smartphone conveniently in your bag. It also provides you with stereo sound while enjoying movies on the Xperia T2 Ultra. The OLED display conveniently lets you browse your call log, view text messages, and see who’s calling you. And with a sleek, minimal and splash-proof design you can now use it anywhere, in any weather. Use it as a quality stereo music headset to listen to music or to the built-in standalone FM radio with RDS. Pairing and connecting is achieved simply by touching it to the back of Xperia T2 Ultra or other NFC-enabled device. The smart flip case – SCR14 doesn’t only protect your screen from scratching but can also serve as a holding stand for when you’re watching movies or using video chat. Moreover, its smart sensors will automatically wake up your Xperia T2 Ultra as soon as you open the cover!
Key specs for Xperia T2 Ultra
• 6” HD display (720p) with TRILUMINOSTM and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for mobile
• 13 MP camera with Exmor RS for mobile
• 1.1 Mp front facing camera with Exmor R
• Access to Sony’s “one-touch” ecosystem of 132 NFC connected accessories
• Snapdragon Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of on board storage (Micro SD slot expandable up to 32GB)
• Large 3000 mAh embedded battery with Battery STAMINA Mode
Availability and RRP
The Xperia T2 Ultra will be available in Malaysia from 2nd April onwards in a choice of black, white and purple colour finishes at a recommended retail price of RM1,299.
Exclusive offers available for a limited time
Part of providing consumers with the best possible viewing and listening experience, each purchase of the Xperia T2 Ultra will entitle consumers to activate their Akazoo application and enjoy six months FREE subscription. Akazoo, a social media music app, which comes preloaded in the device, provides users with access to a music library of more than 15 million tracks. The offer starts from April – October 2014 and is exclusively available to Xperia T2 Ultra users only.
In addition, Xperia T2 Ultra users will be able to download up to three movies for free** through Privilege Movies, available through the Xperia Lounge app that is also preloaded in the device.